Samuel T. Bodine
Areas of Expertise
- Phase I Environmental Property Assessments
- Phase II Subsurface Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Assessments, Removals and Closures
- Contaminant Characterization and Delineation – Remedial Options Evaluation
- Remedial Design Pilot Studies – Remediation System Design and Installation
- Asbestos Inspection and Assessments
- Mold Inspection and Assessments
Professional Registrations & Certifications
- 40-Hour OSHA 29CFR1910.120 HAZWOPER
- 8 Hour OSHA 29CFR1910.120(E) Site Supervisor
- Licensed Asbestos Inspector, State of Illinois Department of Health License #: 100-08066
- B.A., Environmental Studies and Biology, Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois
EPS Environmental Services, Inc
Senior Project Manager & Managing Partner
Performs or directly supervises Phase I Environmental Assessments, Environmental Transaction Screen Assessments, and Phase II Subsurface Soil and Groundwater Investigations. Manages and oversees Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) sites, UST assessments and removals, and Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) Site Remediation Program (SRP) projects. Conducts mold and asbestos sampling and assessments.
Bank One Corporation
May 1999-February 2001
Environmental Risk Officer
Developed strategies and solutions to assess and mitigate the environmental risks for the bank. Quantified the environmental risks to provide lenders with accurate remediation costs. Maintained the list of approved environmental consulting firms and contracted with firms for assessments and investigations on behalf of the bank. Responsible for integrating and advancing the bank’s environmental policies and procedures and for managing environmental credit risks for all lending activities. Reviewed and evaluated environmental assessment reports; provided technical expertise, advice and recommendations to relationship managers to support the credit review process.
Carlson Environmental, Inc.
July 1994-May 1999
Senior Project Manager
Managed and conducted large-scale field investigations and remediations, and prepared associated reports for heavy industrial facilities. Prepared project proposals and budgets, designed field investigation work plans, and conducted comprehensive soil and groundwater investigations. Prepared and submitted documentation and reports for clients and/or regulatory agencies. Conducted RCRA facility investigations; also managed, navigated and achieved the closure of LUST and SRP sites through the IEPA. Conducted Phase I Environmental Assessments throughout the U.S. and Canada. Prepared applications for wastewater/storm water discharges and air pollution control applications. Acted as the Health and Safety Coordinator and as the equipment manager.